Walk walk walk

Hannah woke me up at 4a.m. this morning. I ignored her, but she wriggled, rolled over, moaned and then started crying, so I got up to get her a bottle, which she drank in about 5 minutes flat, so I was glad I had eventually got up. I then fell into the deepest sleep ever. I didn’t wake up when Yusuke’s alarm went off, only when he popped his head around the door to say goodbye. I hadn’t even made his lunch. Of course that woke Hannah up, but she went back to sleep for about another hour, so I did too.

When I got up, I decided to go to Yusuke’s office to eat lunch together. There’s a nice restaurant on the 31st floor that I’ve always wanted to go to and it was payday the other day. When we got there, it was closed for the day. Typical! That happened the time before too! So we went into the traditional Japanese style restaurant instead, where Yusuke ate eel, yuk…

I fed Hannah in there after Yusuke had gone back to work, and then we set off for Keyaki Walk, the shopping centre. We just had a walk around and I got Hannah a sleepsuit, because her feet are at the ends of all of the other ones, so I got one without feet. It’s not technically a sleepsuit at all, just an all in one, but she can wear it for either. They tend to stop sleepsuits very early here and start on pyjamas, which is a shame. I always imagine the suits are more comfortable because there’s nothing digging in the baby’s stomach. They have some pyjamas with a long elasticated band around the waist too, that you can tuck the top into, so that the baby doesn’t pull it up and get cold in the night. People seem to think that we should keep our stomach covered up at night here.

After looking around a bit more, it was getting on for four o’clock, so I decided to go home, but couldn’t be bothered waiting for the bus, and as it was a nice day, I decided to try and walk home. I had no idea which way was right. I couldn’t even remember which way I had walked from! Once I turn a corner, I have no idea which direction I started from.

Eventually I found a map, after walking around the entire outside of the shopping centre. It took about an hour to walk home, but it was a nice walk. I’m shattered now, but feel good after the exercise. It’s a lot less hassle not having to take the bus. And also better for Hannah because it was so windy that she snuggled into her hood and slept for the entire journey home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s